About MeWith over 30 years of experience as a homeschool mom, co-op teacher, support group leader, convention speaker, and curriculum developer, I've encouraged thousands of parents and developed a unique teaching style that makes learning fun.
A Bit About Me
- Homeschool mom with over 30 years’ experience.
- Taught homeschool co-op classes for a dozen years.
- Served 3 years as acting president of a homeschool support group ministering to almost 200 families.
- Creator of Discover Texas, a hands-on curriculum that combines multiple teaching methods to help parents easily engage students of all ages and learning styles and make lessons meaningful, memorable, and fun.
- Author of The Homeschool Parents’ How-To Series–four online courses packed with tips for how to teach to a child’s strengths, how to merge lessons with life, how to encourage creativity, and how to raise a hero.
- Organizer of blog and Facebook communities supporting hands-on learning.
- Public speaker for more than 18 years.
If You Invite Me To Speak
Experience at many events has taught me: it’s all about the audience. My goal is to provide parents with encouraging information they can put into practice.
Thank you for considering me for your event. I am truly honored.
I’d love to hear from you at Lynn@HandsOnHomeschoolResources.com.
Most Requested Topics
How to Teach the Way Your Child Learns
If the doorways of understanding aren’t opening, maybe we need to try a different key. Discover how temperament type, learning styles, and natural gifts affect the ways your child learns and how YOU can use this key understanding to unlock your child’s potential.
How to Make Learning Meaningful, Memorable, and Fun
Studies show that we remember only 10- 20% of what we read in books or hear in lectures, but when learning is ACTIVE, retention jumps to 70- 90%! Learn specific ways you can launch your students to a lifetime adventure through discovery learning.
How to Encourage Creativity in Your Child
There are six levels of higher learning. Most schools teach only three. In this presentation I explain how the levels step one to the next and how to challenge your child with activities that will take her to the next level.
How to Raise a Hero
God, the Master Storyteller, is crafting every chapter of HIStory to reveal His ultimate message. Learn to teach history from a Christian perspective to empower your children as heroes who serve the purpose of God in their own generation.
The Next Step
Thanks again for considering me as a speaker for your event. To take the next step, sending me a quick email and tell me about your event and how to contact you. Just click the link below or send an email to Lynn@HandsOnHomeschoolResources.com. I’ll get back with you right away.