About MeI write about the things I know. The things I love. God, family, history, and how those things fit together.
Experience at many events has taught me: it’s all about the audience. Whether speaking at a simple exhibitor presentation, conference session, or keynote series, the goal is the same: the audience should enjoy a presentation that is entertaining, encouraging, and full of information they can put into practice.
Thank you for considering me for your event. I am truly honored.
Please let me give you an idea of what I offer and what you can expect. The links below can take you directly to the information you need, or you’re welcome to scroll down.
- What You Can Expect
- A Bit About Me
- Most Requested Topics
- The Next Step
If you want to check my availability for your event, or if you have questions, I’d love to hear from you at Lynn@HandsOnHomeschoolResources.com.START THE CONVERSATION
What You Can Expect
Here are my promise to you in this relationship:
- Prompt replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal phone consultation prior to your event so I can understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- Shared announcements about your event on my blog and social media channels (unless your event is private).
- A professionally prepared and delivered presentation tailored to your event and audience.
- Custom resources created especially for your attendees–access to slides used in the presentation as well as links to other helpful resources.
- A quick follow-up with you after the event to make sure I met your expectations.
A Bit About Me
- Public speaker for more than 18 years for homeschool support groups, book fairs, and family conferences.
- Creator of Discover Texas, a hands-on curriculum that combines multiple teaching methods to help parents easily engage students of all ages and learning styles and make lessons meaningful, memorable, and fun.
- Organizer of active blog and Facebook communities to enhance customer experience.
- Author of The Homeschool Parents’ How-To Series–four titles packed with tips for how to teach to a child’s strengths, how to merge lessons with life, how to encourage creativity, and how to raise a hero.
- Developer of Hands-On Homeschool Resources (coming soon) which will build on the success of my teaching methods and philosophy and provide similar products.
Most Requested Topics
How to Teach the Way Your Child Learns
If the doorways of understanding aren’t opening, maybe we need to try a different key. Discover how temperament type, learning styles, and natural gifts affect the ways your child learns and how YOU can use this key understanding to unlock your child’s potential.
How to Make Learning Meaningful, Memorable, and Fun
Studies show that we remember only 10- 20% of what we read in books or hear in lectures, but when learning is ACTIVE, retention jumps to 70- 90%! Learn specific ways you can launch your students to a lifetime adventure through discovery learning.
How to Encourage Creativity in Your Child
There are six levels of higher learning. Most schools teach only three. In this presentation I explain how the levels step one to the next and how to challenge your child with activities that will take her to the next level.
How to Raise a Hero
God, the Master Storyteller, is crafting every chapter of HIStory to reveal His ultimate message. Learn to teach history from a Christian perspective to empower your children as heroes who serve the purpose of God in their own generation.
The Next Step
Thanks again for considering me as a speaker for your event. You can take the next step by sending me a quick email letting me know more about your event and how to contact you. Just click the link below or send an email to Lynn@HandsOnHomeschoolResources.com. I’ll get back with you right away.
Return to Top